Thank you for your interest in joining the Shoes That Fit team.
SHOES THAT FIT
DONOR RELATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Job Title: Donor Relations and Communications Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Exempt employees may be required to work additional hours outside regular business hours. Additional hours may be required to complete job tasks.
Key responsibilities: The Donor Relations and Communications Manager (DRC) is responsible for managing and expanding Shoes That Fit base of support from individuals and its communications with its external constituencies. The DRC’s primary responsibility is to work closely with the Executive Director (ED) and other key staff to develop and write and implement annual fundraising appeals and communications calendar with donors and volunteers. He/she positions the organization’s appeals and communications to different audiences to raise support of the organization’s mission and strategic plan.
Typical duties and responsibilities
- Working closely with the ED and other members of the development team, create annual fund campaigns to solicit current donors and volunteers, and expand donor base with new constituencies
- Develop plan to steward current donors and volunteers
- Create materials to begin a Planned Giving Campaign
- Help plan and implement special events
- Analyze development performance metrics
- With ED and development team, help position and create fundraising and program-related materials
- Write and manage monthly email communications with supporters
- Convert direct mail appeals and other mailings into online campaigns (email and social media)
- Coordinate with Program department on adapting communications for volunteers
- Oversee development of new website content with staff and ensure at least monthly refresh of new material
- Work with IT to analyze website metrics based on Google Analytics
- Social Media
- Work with ED and development team to develop a social media content strategy that encourages online engagement
- Create content calendar and post social media content for Facebook and other social media
- Coordinate Twitter postings with Director of Corporate Engagement
- Other Related Duties
- Analyze and prepare information submitted to external rating organizations to ensure compliance and highest ratings
- Work with IT and Foundation Relations Manager to develop and manage mailings list for Development and Program
- Manage cause-related marketing requests from potential partners/donors in consultation with ED & Director of Corporate Engagement
- Coordinate with printer, designers, etc., as needed
- Support Board and Development Committee, as needed
Possible performance measures:
- Submits an annual plan to increase support from Individuals.
- Develops and distributes appeals and communication in a timely manner.
- Establishes a Planned Giving campaign to ensure the organization’s long-term sustainability.
- Expands the organization’s communications with its supporters in a way that is both effective and cost-efficient.
- Oversees website content and maximizes its ability to attract support.
- Develop and maintain accurate donor records.
- Serves as a team player in supports of other organizational priorities.
- Manages expenses within budget.
- A bachelor's degree and 2-3 years of development, marketing or communications experience
- Self-driven, reliable, results-oriented person with a positive outlook, and clear focus on high quality work
- Excellent communication skills and ability to motivate, both in writing and verbally
- Represent the organization in a professional and business-like manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a part of a team; comfortable working in a variety of capacities across the organization in support of the mission
- Demonstrated ability to be creative, organized and able to prioritize projects
- Computer and software skills; must be able to remain in a stationary position for 50% of the time
- Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel
Salary: Commensurate with experience; competitive benefits package
To apply, submit a resume with cover letter to:
Amy Fass, Executive Director, Shoes That Fit
1420 N. Claremont Blvd., Suite 204A
Claremont, CA 91711
Closing date: Position opened until filled
1420 N. Claremont Blvd.Suite 204A, Claremont, CA 91711
Toll Free: (888) 715-4333 Phone#: (909) 482-0050 Fax: (909) 482-0085