Shoes That Fit Blog by category: Children
Shoes That Fit Board members and staff distributed 612 pairs of new athletic shoes to every student at Shirpser Elementary School, in El Monte, CA this February. 98% of Shirpser students are enrolled in the federal free and reduced lunch program, and many of them have never received a new pair of shoes in their lives. You can read about this incredible day reported by the Daily Bulletin.
Have you had the chance to read the Huffington Post article on Shoes That Fit and the importance of new shoes on the self-esteem of our nation’s children? It articulates the impact your donations have on the children served by Shoes That Fit. Please read this article and engage in the discussion. Please share and pass it on.
For the first time ever, Shoes That Fit provided brand new shoes to an entire school district from kindergarten through 12th grade. Thanks to a generous financial contribution from an anonymous donor, more than 2,400 children received a new pair of athletic shoes in February!
In January Shoes That Fit was a featured grant recipient at the 2016 Pacific Life Grant Reception in Newport Beach, CA. Pacific Life Foundation has been a steadfast supporter of Shoes That Fit in Orange County, California. This year’s support will ensure that Orange County’s neediest children receive a new pair of athletic shoes during the 2015-2016 school year.
Shoes That Fit Executive Director, Amy Fass spent the beginning of 2016 competing in the Social Venture Partners Fast Pitch program. Amy was one of twenty non-profit leaders selected to participate based on their innovative approaches to creating lasting social change and their potential for significant positive community impact. Amy worked with volunteer business coaches to develop a succinct and powerful story in the form of a 3-minute pitch. For more information on SVP and Fast Pitch please click here.
Become a Solemate and help us plan for the helping more children! You can easily help students in need with your secure automated monthly donation of any amount that fits within your giving goals. Get started here or contact our office today.
As we begin an exciting new year, we’d like to highlight a few of Shoes That Fit’s accomplishments and milestones made possible by our donors and volunteers in 2015:
The Village Marketing group (local Claremont, CA merchants) and community members hosted two events; Spring For Shoes and Shoes For School. These events, now in their 11th and 9th years, provided over 400 local students with new athletic shoes, socks, backpacks and assorted school supplies. Mike Manning, owner of The Last Drop Café, did a wonderful job coordinating both events.
Shoes That Fit welcomed several new board members; click here to view our complete Board of Directors roster. Also joining us was Rebecca Korduner, Development Director. We are thrilled to have these unique individuals join our team.
Through the generous financial support of funders, Shoes That Fit continued to expand our reach to help more children in need. Thank you to Nordstrom, Inc., Ludwick Family
Foundation, Annenberg Foundation, Kenneth T. and Eileen L. Norris Foundation, the Chris Paul Family Foundation and Fashion Footwear Association of New York, to name just a few.
Our volunteer Bob Montgomery of OnMedia in Des Moines, IA has been helping children in need through Shoes That Fit for 14 years! Bob and his team host a successful annual golf tournament to support their Shoes That Fit work and 2015 was no exception, raising nearly $15,000! Watch this video to see Bob and his OnMedia team of supporters in action.
Shoes That Fit has once again been accredited by the Better Business Bureau’s Wise Giving Alliance as having met their 20 rigorous standards for charity accountability.
As a grant recipient of the Chris Paul Family Foundation, Shoes That Fit was a featured charity at NBA player Chris Paul’s annual Celebrity Server Dinner where he, along with other NBA players and celebrities, acted as servers. Shoes That Fit Executive Director, Amy Fass and Director of Corporate Engagement, Nekeda Newell-Hall, were both in
LAPD 77th Street Community Police Station hosted Operation Shoes From Santa which delivered more than 1,000 pairs of new athletic shoes to local Los Angeles, CA children in need. Shoes That Fit was a proud partner of this fun-filled event for the holiday season!
With a team of nearly 40 runners, #TeamShoesThatFit participated in a fun Holiday Half Marathon and 5K race at Fairplex in Pomona, CA. Our team goal was to raise funds and awareness to help 1,000 local children receive new shoes during the holiday season. Over $18,000 was raised through our team’s fundraising efforts and the support of the following generous team sponsors:
Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center, Claremont Lincoln University, Jeff Stark and Associates, Claremont Sunrise Rotary, Foothill Transit, Perera Construction, The Claremont Club and Vulcan Materials. Also appreciated were the In-Kind donations from Claremont Craft Ales and Trader Joe’s-Claremont.
You know the importance of new shoes that fit. Help us reach more children by becoming a Solemate today! You can help children attend school without the embarrassment and pain of wearing shoes that are filled with holes by setting up an automated monthly donation; it’s secure, tax-deductible and an easy way to make a big impact throughout the year. Get started by clicking here. Be sure to check the box “I want to be a monthly donor to Shoes That Fit” or contact our office today.
• Support #TeamShoesThatFit during the Holiday Half Marathon and 5k! By participating in this fun holiday run on Dec. 12-13, our team is raising awareness of Shoes That Fit and provide 1,000 local SoCal students in need with new athletic shoes. You can help us reach our team goal by making your tax-deductible donation through CrowdRise or directly through the secure Shoes That Fit website. And consider joining our team next year!
• Shoes That Fit is proud to co-sponsor Operation Shoes From Santa with LAPD 77th Street Community Police Station on December 17th. New shoes will be given to more than 1,000 pre-identified children in need in the surrounding Los Angeles community. You can help by donating a new pair of athletic shoes or making a donation online today! Watch this short video to find out more! To donate online, visit http://www.shoesthatfit.org/donate.php
• You can help a child in your own local community by purchasing a $10 giving card from any U.S. Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack through December 24th! 100% of your purchase of a $10 Giving Card goes directly toward a new pair of New Balance athletic shoes for a child in need in your community. With your help, 20,000 students across the country can receive desperately needed new shoes this holiday season through this partnership. Find your nearest Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack store. Not near a store? No problem! Make your tax-deductible donation online.
• Love Shoes That Fit? Become one of our treasured Solemates this holiday season! Your secure automated monthly donation will help Shoes That Fit reach more children in need throughout the year. Get started by clicking here or contact our office today.
Wishing you happy holidays and a healthy, happy and prosperous new year!
Amy, Barbara, Jarret, Lee, Nekeda, Rebecca and Thomas
- Join us for a fundraiser at The Brick, your neighborhood deli in Pomona, CA on Wednesday, May 27 between 2pm-7pm. Bring this flyer and 20% of your purchase is donated to Shoes That Fit to help children through our program.
- Shopping for Dads and Grads? Use AmazonSmile or GoodShop and a portion of your eligible purchases will be donated to Shoes That Fit when you use these links: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/95-4425565 and http://www.goodsearch.com/goodshop
- Concerts Under the Stars at the Hafif estate in La Verne, CA are now available! Join us on June 13, June 20 or July 11th for a fun-filled evening of live music, great food from Walter’s Restaurant and good friends! Your $55 tax-deductible donation includes all of the above plus free parking and shuttle service. Call our office for ticket availability: 909-482-0050
- #TeamShoesThatFit is gearing up for this year’s Holiday Half Marathon and 5K at Fairplex in Pomona, CA! If you’d like to become a sponsor or join our team to help raise awareness and funds, contact our office today.
- SolarCity, America’s largest solar provider, will donate $250 to Shoes That Fit for each new customer who signs up with them! For your free consultation, click on this link: http://solar.solarcity.com/microsite/network/?referrerid=a0p1400000G88b6AAB
- We'd like to extend a very warm welcome to Osram Sylvania, Inc. as our newest volunteer sponsor group. They have officially launched the Shoes That Fit program in New Hampshire, making this the 46th state children are being helped in through our program!
- Sign up for eNews today to keep up with all the latest Shoes That Fit news, join us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
With summer in full swing, we know you're enjoying the warm weather and getting some rest and relaxation, so here are just a few of the easy and fun things you can do to continue helping children in need through Shoes That Fit!
• Village Marketing Group is kicking off their annual Shoes That Fit For School event with the help of local downtown Claremont (CA) merchants July 11 through July 28th! Backpacks will be available for you to sign-out from participating merchants, fill with a new pair of athletic shoes, socks and school supplies, then return the backpack to where you picked it up! It’s that easy! Your participation in this event will help a child return to school in comfort and with dignity, better prepared to learn and play.
• Thinking about going solar for clean, more affordable energy? Shoes That Fit is now a network partner with Solar City! To get more information and a free quote, click on this link. Solar City will donate $250 upon completion of your solar system installation.
• Our friends and neighbors at Claremont Craft Ales are hosting their 2nd anniversary celebration July 26 and donating a portion of the proceeds to Shoes That Fit! Food, Fun and craft beer for your enjoyment. There are two sessions to choose from: 12pm-4pm OR 5pm-9pm Get your tickets today!
• Bob Montgomery and his team of everyday heroes at OnMedia Ad Sales in Des Moines, IA hosting their annual Shoes That Fit charity golf tournament July 28th. Tee-off at Tournament Club of Iowa to help children in need receive new shoes and other cold weather necessities! To register, call: 515-697-6793 Registration at 8am – Shot gun start at 9am. $100 per golfer (includes golf, cart, lunch and prizes)
• We’re very excited to announce that Shoes That Fit teams forming now for a fundraising Holiday Half Marathon and 5K Run/Walk at Pomona Fairplex (CA) December 14 and 15!
Here’s how to get started:
1. Start your registration by clicking on Shoes That Fit’s Donate Now page to submit your race entry fee: Discounted rate of $85 for the Half Marathon OR $30 for the 5K Run/Walk until Sept.15
2. Wait for your entry fee confirmation letter and email from Shoes That Fit which will include your special charity promo code.
3. Go to the Holiday Half Marathon website and register yourself for the race using your special charity promo code to indicate you’ve already submitted your fee.
4. Before the run, gather support from your family, friends and coworkers to sponsor you in this inaugural Shoes That Fit team. You will have access to your own fundraising page on MyCharityofChoice.com
If you have any questions about the race or starting your registration, please contact Barbara@shoesthatfit.org or call our office for details!
• Shoes That Fit is hiring! If you’d like to help children in need, possess professional fundraising experience and want to work part-time, please view the complete job description here for details.
Thank you for taking time to catch up with all the latest news here at Shoes That Fit! As longtime supporter and recently appointed Executive Director Amy Fass smoothly transitions into her new role, our focus remains on continuing to expand our outreach efforts and establish new school programs in areas where the need is greatest. Your gift to Shoes That Fit helps makes this possible. Having compiled our most recent statistical data, here are just a few milestones reached in 2013:
• Shoes That Fit provided shoes at 1,854 schools in 45 states and the District of Columbia.
• More than 126,000 new shoes and other necessities were raised and distributed.
• Nordstrom and New Balance provided 20,000 new shoes through the Giving Tree campaign.
• DaVita’s nationwide "Shoes-a-palooza" Campaign raised over 13,000 new pairs of shoes
• We earned a fourth consecutive 4-STAR rating from Charity Navigator which is considered an "exceptional" charity designation.
• Rack Room Shoes provided new shoes for nearly 12,000 children in 24 states
If you’re considering spring cleaning, now you can clear out those closets and support the work of Shoes That Fit, too! Fashion Project is an exciting new way to donate your gently worn designer clothing, shoes and accessories. Choose Shoes That Fit as your designated charity and Fashion Project donates a portion of the sale of your items back to us! Visit their website today at www.FashionProject
Join our volunteers at Clark County Law Foundation for wine, appetizers and great conversations at their ‘Sippin for Shoes That Fit’ event May 6 at Echo and Rig Butcher & Steakhouse on Rampart Blvd., Las Vegas! Call Clark County Law Foundation at 702-333-8277 or purchase tickets online at: http://www.clarkcountylawfoundation.org/community-service/
Volunteers at Southern CA Edison-Irwindale’s IT Department collected 350 pairs of new athletic shoes in less than 1 month! The smiles on the faces of children who received them were electric!
Our corporate partners at DaVita, Inc. continue to amaze us with their enthusiasm for our program. They recently provided 944 pairs of new shoes to children in need in Orange County, CA!
The Village Marketing Group in Claremont, CA once again provided nearly 200 local schoolchildren with new shoes, socks and other goodies during their annual Spring For Shoes campaign. Special thanks to owner Mike of The Last Drop Café for coordinating this year’s event and to all participating merchants and community members who supported this effort.
Save The Date: June 28th 4pm-8pm Claremont Village Blues & Brews Craft Beer Walk (CA). This annual fundraiser always a sold-out event! Tickets Now On Sale! http://www.claremontbluesandbrews.com/
While enjoying the rest and relaxation summer brings, many of you might be wondering how you can help Shoes That Fit from the comfort of your own home, poolside, beachside or lakeside. Will you take just 3 minutes and tell others about your experience with Shoes That Fit? Your personal story and feedback helps us gain visibility and may help us improve our program. Please share your experience at the Great Nonprofits website.
Have you often wondered how you can help children in need when, like many of us, you don't have the time, energy or resources to volunteer? Well, here's your chance to help us in less than 1 minute & all you need is a Facebook account and your laptop, tablet or computer.
Shoes That Fit has been nominated for a $75,000 grant from DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse to help us provide new shoes for children in need. This grant will allow us to expand our programs so children in need can attend school in comfort and with dignity, better prepared to learn and play. We need your votes and we need you to share this info!!!
Simply visit the DSW facebook page, click "Like" then click on the green "Shoe Lovers Care" tab and vote for Shoes That Fit - That's it! Please vote every day from June 6-19th!
We've discovered a few helpful tips to make voting easy:
- DSW did not design this contest for voting with your cellphones! (so sorry!)
- You only have to 'Like' DSW's page once, then vote daily until June 19th
- After your 1st vote, you may need to clear your computer's browsing history to make the 'Vote' buttons reappear on the Shoe Lovers Care page.
With the unofficial kick-off to summer just a few days away, we wanted to update you on all the wonderful things our supporters are doing in the coming months to continue helping children in need receive new shoes. Many of our volunteer chapters around the country have been working tirelessly throughout the school year to ensure that children attend school in comfort and with dignity, better prepared to learn and play. With summer fast approaching, many of these same students will attend summer school and even begin the new school year in the fall wearing the same shoes they are wearing right now! Many of our supporters ask, 'What can I do to help?' Here are some simple and fun ways you can contribute to Shoes That Fit so mark your calendars now!
Irwindale Chamber of Commerce hosting a shoe drive through June 13th. Each donation of a new pair of athletic shoes or $20 gift through the Chamber enters you in a drawing to win 'Beer For A Year' compliments of MillerCoors!
Online shopping through GoodSearch - It’s easy. Just pick a cause you care about (hopefully, Shoes That Fit!) Then, as you go about your daily online activities like searching or shopping, you’ll be raising money for our cause – at no cost to you!
Join us in the Claremont Village (CA) June 29th for 'Blues & Brews' Craft Beer Walk & enjoy live music & delicious food at over 30 Village businesses! A portion of the proceeds from this event benefit Shoes That Fit!
The Hafif Family Foundation is once again hosting a series of Concerts Under the Stars & generously absorbing the entire cost of the event, leaving 100% of each $55 ticket donation to Shoes That Fit when purchased through us! Dates are: July 13, July 20 & August 10 - appetizers, dinner, drinks & live music on the breathtaking grounds of the Hafif Estate.
If you're a runner, register for the annual Scheels Shoes That Fit 10K taking place August 24th in West Des Moines, IA. $5 of each registration fee donated to our volunteer chapter at OnMedia Ad Sales!
Are you hosting any parties this summer? Consider a party with a purpose - invite your guests to support Shoes That Fit by bringing a new pair of athletic shoes to donate to our emergency warehouse in CA or make a small contribution safely & securely online in honor of the host (that's you!)
Coming soon: we are a finalist in DSW Shoe Lovers Care program, Leave Your Mark! You can help Shoes That Fit win $75,000 beginning June 6 through June 19! Simply vote for Shoes That Fit on DSW's Facebook page & share the news with your Facebook friends. Every vote counts!
There are many ways for you to keep in touch with all the goings on at Shoes That Fit; Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, sign up for eNews or follow us on LinkedIn.
Thank you for believing as we do that every child deserves shoes that fit.
Thanks for visiting our blog today! There's lots going on here at Shoes That Fit and we're excited to share all the good news with you.
Through the generosity of the Village Marketing Group, participating Claremont, CA merchants and our local community, over 200 children sprung into spring with new shoes, socks & other goodies during the Spring For Shoes event!
Our volunteers and incredible attorneys at Holland & Hart, LLP in Las Vegas, NV delivered 360 pairs of new shoes to students recently as part of their ongoing committment to provide 'non-legal' charitable and civic work in their community as well as pro-bono professional service.
Bonita Springs, FL chapter of Shoes That Fit had another successful luncheon and fashion show fundraiser thanks to volunteer Pat Leggett.
We are grateful for our recent partnership with DaVita, Inc. DaVita employees, or teammates as they like to be called, embarked on a nationwide community service event called "Shoes-a-palooza" and delivered more than 11,000 pairs of new shoes to schoolchildren in need across the U.S.!
Our small staff of employees has grown from 6 to 7 and the mission of Shoes That Fit is spreading thanks to the continued support of our loyal donors and volunteers.
We recently completed our statistics and are proud to say that since 1992, Shoes That Fit has provided 1,187,540 pairs of new shoes and other items to children in need throughout the country! Our programs help students in over 1,600 schools within 42 states. We've also achieved Charity Navigator's highest rating of 4-Stars for a third consecutive year.
We are thankful for the continued support of our donors, volunteers and supporters and welcome any questions or comments you might have.
And remember, Shoes That Fit has gone social so you can keep up with all the wonderful work being done through our programs. Find us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and watch us on YouTube!
As we begin a new year, Shoes That Fit is so grateful for our many volunteers and donors who give so generously of their time and resources to make sure that children in need across the country attend schol in new shoes in comfort and with dignity, ready to learn and play. Thank You! New shoes bring hope and joy to the many, many children we serve.
Here are just a few of the achievements you made possible in 2012:
- Our 3rd consecutive 4-star rating from Charity Navigator (their highest rating)
- Our first ever gala, celebrating 1 million pairs of new shoes and other items donated to children since our founding 20 years ago
- 257 pairs of new shoes donated to children at PS 25 Elementary school in Brooklyn, NY after the devastation of Hurricane Sandy.
We could not have reached these milestones without you, our loyal volunteers and donors. Thank You!
As our 20th anniversary comes to a close, we are truly grateful for our volunteers, supporters and the many milestones we have achieved. One million pairs of new shoes and other items were donated to children in need across the county since our founding in 1992 - no easy feat! With the holidays in full swing and so much for us all to be grateful for, let's not forget the deserving children helped through Shoes That Fit.
It's not too late! If you haven't made your year-end contribution to Shoes That Fit, you can safely & securely donate online now or mail in your check. If you have already sent your gift, Thank You! You help make it possible for children in need to attend school in comfort and with dignity, better prepared to learn and play.
You can also help children in need through the annual Nordstrom Holiday Giving Tree program across the U.S.from now through December 24, 2012. Every Nordstrom Full-line store will display holiday trees with tags that customers can purchase for $20. Each of the more than 8,100 tags represents a deserving child in that community who will receive a new pair of New Balance athletic shoes.
If you're in Southern California, our small emergency warehouse located within our Claremont headquarters is desperately in need of restocking of all sizes (children's size 10 through adult size 12). Your donation of new, closed heel, closed toe athletic style shoes will be greatly appreciated.
Wishing you a Happy Holiday and Prosperous New Year!
Roni, Amy, Lee, Barbara, Jarret and Thomas
Help us win a new car to make an even bigger difference in the lives of children in need!
Shoes That Fit is proud to announce we’ve been selected as a finalist in Toyota’s 100 Cars for Good Program. Now we need your support!
Tell your friends and vote for Shoes That Fit at www.100carsforgood.com on July 14, 2012. (You must be logged into your Facebook page to vote)
Toyota’s 100 Cars for Good program will be awarding 100 vehicles to 100 nonprofits over the course of 100 days based on votes through Facebook from the public. A total of 500 nonprofits were selected from more than 4,000 applications nationwide.
Thank You for your support of Shoes That Fit & the children we serve!
A new campaign launched this week on Modern Woodmen of America's facebook page will benefit Shoes That Fit with a donation up to $10,000! Modern Woodmen, a fraternal financial services organization, will donate $1 to Shoes That Fit for every new 'Like' they receive on their fan page. The goal is to reach 10,000 fans by the end of 2012. Here's how you can help:
- Visit www.facebook.com/modernwoodmen and 'LIKE' the page. That's it!
- You can also spread the word to your facebook friends to help us reach the $10,000 goal. Help children in need receive new shoes through Shoes That Fit with a simple click of your mouse!
The Sneaker Ball, which took place April 21st was a roaring success thanks to our sponsors, volunteers, & supporters! Find out about this wonderful event celebrating Shoes That Fit's 20 Year Anniversary and the donation of 1 Million pairs of new shoes to children in need across the U.S.!
The Sneaker Ball is finally here & we want you to come celebrate with us! After lots of planning & preparation, we are puttng the finishes touches on our gala in celebration of Shoes That Fit's 20 Year Anniversary and donation of 1 Million pairs of new shoes. We'd love for you to join us April 21st at the historic Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood, CA for an evening of fun, food, friends & laughter! You don't want to miss this once in a lifetime event in celebration of the many children helped by the Shoes That Fit program across the country.
The Sneaker Ball kicks off with a hosted cocktail reception, live entertainment, gourmet meal and your chance to bid on our incredible live & silent auction items to include unbelievable vacation packages, quaint get-aways, designer fashion items from Jimmy Choo, Prada, & Cole Haan just to name a few! Of course, there will be a few unforgettable 'surprises' in between.
Can't make it to the Sneaker Ball but still want to support this wonderful program? Your tax-deductible donation gladly accepted & appreciated!
Shoes That Fit is so excited to celebrate these milestones of 20 Years & 1 Million pairs of new shoes donated to children in need! We know that you believe as we do that-Every Child Deserves Shoes That Fit. See you at the Sneaker Ball!
Shoes That Fit is proud to announce that on March 11th our very own volunteer extraordinaire, Linda Ray, will be awarded the Heroes of the Heartland award by Stater Bros. Markets which includes $10,000 to donate to the charity of her choice!
Linda has been working her magic as a Shoes That Fit volunteer since 2004. She has led her Golden State Foods workplace in City of Industry in their Shoes That Fit endeavors, donating 2,234 pairs of brand new athletic shoes to children in need at 39 schools in eastern LA County, the Inland Empire and beyond. Linda’s site is geared to help an additional 7 schools before Spring Break. Potentially 525 more kids will be heading to school with shoes that fit—and smiles on their faces.
Linda says Shoes That Fit is more than just a workplace project.
“Partnering with Shoes That Fit not only has strengthened our community and our company’s culture,” says Linda, “but it is now a mission within my family that is being passed to a third generation.”
Linda’s Shoes That Fit work has inspired other Golden State Foods sites across the country from Washington state to North Carolina. From the beginning of the school year in August 2011 on through this past winter break, Golden State Foods chapters provided 1,674 pairs of new shoes to children in 8 states—all working with the same model Linda helped develop.
“Linda has taken time from her busy schedule to participate as a volunteer for our Foundation for many years,” says Renee Uribe, the current GSF Foundation Chair at their site. “Volunteers such as Linda are changing the lives and shaping the future for youth throughout our communities every day. She is truly an inspiration.”
“While Shoes That Fit is a national organization helping children in 40 states, we are focusing our growth in LA and Orange Counties and the Inland Empire,” says Roni Lomeli, Executive Director of Shoes That Fit. “If we could clone one volunteer to help us achieve our goals, it would be Linda Ray. By lashing her corporation’s commitment to community involvement to her personal and family passion for giving, Linda not only provides new shoes to hundreds of children each year, she inspires others to do the same.”
Our Sneaker Ball celebrating Shoes That Fit's 20th Anniversary and donation of 1 million pairs of shoes is just around the corner on April 21st. We are looking for supporters willing to donate air miles to be used as part of vacation packages in our live auction during the Sneaker Ball. Can you help?
Your donations must cover coach class tickets for travel in the Continental US or to Hawaii. Please contact Roni or Diana via email or by phone at 888-715-4333 for info. Thanking you in advance for your help!
Happy Holidays from the Shoes That Fit staff! As this year comes to an end, we wanted to say Thank You to all our volunteers, donors & school liaisons for their unwavering support of our mission to provide new shoes to children in need who wouldn't otherwise have them. Your support allows these deserving children to attend school in comfort and with dignity. As we head into 2012, we look forward to our 20 Year Anniversary which we will celebrate in April & to the donation of our 1 Millionth pair of shoes! We hope you'll continue to rally around the important work being done through our programs across the U.S. and look forward to another exciting year at Shoes That Fit!
Roni, Michelle, Lee and Barbara
Shoes That Fit is thrilled to have been granted $7,500 through Walmart's "12 Days of Giving" Holiday Campaign on Facebook! When we heard about Walmart's call for nominations, we immediately submitted photos & a description of how Shoes That Fit programs impact local communities throughout the country. A panel from the Walmart Foundation reviewed 5,400 submissions from nonprofits that are making a difference in their own communities and Shoes That Fit is proud to have been chosen on this fourth day of Christmas!
Shoes That Fit, Nordstrom and New Balance have partnered once again to provide nearly 12,000 children in need with new shoes this holiday season! Nordstrom’s Holiday Giving Tree Program, which takes place across the U.S. from November 25 through December 24 displays a holiday tree in 117 Nordstrom stores with tags you can purchase for $20. Each tag purchased represents a deserving child in your community who will receive a brand new pair of New Balance athletic shoes. So while you're out shopping this holiday season, pick a gift tag from the Giving Tree at your local Nordstrom & bring joy to a deserving child in need!
Last year, you made it possible for Anthony & more than 119,000 children like him to start school with his head held high. Here is what he wrote after receiving his new shoes:
"...To you people it may be nothing but to me it is a blessing. For me a new pair of shoes to come by are really hard. I'm almost dirt poor and I look all bumish but with these new shoes I won't look that bad anymore...God bless you people for throwing some joy into my life-you people are too kind!
There are thousands of children all across the country just like Anthony. They are the kids in the back of the room whose feet hurt so much that they can't concentrate, so worried about what their peers will think, they don't even participate in recess.
We are depending on you to help children like Anthony take the first step to success in school with brand new Shoes That Fit. And it's so easy to do! Donate online now, mail your check or money order or consider becoming a Sole Mate & make automatic monthly donations of as little as $20 a month to Shoes That Fit. You'll receive an acknowledgement for your tax-deductible gift and a thank you note from a child your gift has helped. As Anthony wrote, "Take care of yourselves and once again, thank you!"
As National Volunteer Week is coming to an end, I want to take this time to honor our volunteer force at Shoes That Fit. Without you, we could not continue the important work of providing new shoes to children in need. You are our boots on the ground; you help the children in your own communities feel good about themselves. You make it possible for these kids to run and play and fit in with their peers at school. You help remove the stigma of poverty for so many of these deserving children. We thank you for your continued dedication, time, energy and compassion to the children you are helping through your volunteer chapters right in your own backyards. Thank you for believing that every child deserves shoes that fit!
1420 N. Claremont Blvd.Suite 204A, Claremont, CA 91711
Toll Free: (888) 715-4333 Phone#: (909) 482-0050 Fax: (909) 482-0085